Translate

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Playing Hooky

I took a little break this week. So I posted no new blog entries since Wednesday. I was out all day Thursday. A storm was brewing on Friday and early that afternoon I received a package from a distant cousin with lots of good information. After my yogalates class, I spent the afternoon perusing her letter and the enclosed documents.
It was interesting to watch the birds, especially the doves, struggle with the very high winds. We have bird feeders in 3 places in our yard. The drive to feed clearly was more important than the strong winds.
Today was a really lovely day with huge white clouds interspersed with rain, so I went shopping. I found some beautiful two-sided cardstock. I have been looking for a scallop punch with an even-number of scallops. I wasn't getting anywhere until I went to Cranberry Hill Mercantile and found an excellent alternative.
For about $7 more than purchasing a punch, I found a Nestibilities set of 7 scalloped circles that I could use with my Cuttlebug to cut scalloped circles. All 7 dies have an even number of scallops.
My daughter bought me paper when she and her brother were in Japan after Christmas. I also had some Washi paper that I had purchased a couple of years ago. On my shopping spree, I found an interesting use for my Japanese papers. I purchased some chip board and foam to use with the Washi paper to make paper quilting objects for cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment