Translate

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Promotion

I have, as a volunteer, been indexing records for FamilySearch.org an arm of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints. One might disagree with the premise under which the LDS Church is so concerned with genealogy. The benefit to all of us who are into genealogy and family history makes this an incredible gift.

When I saw the appeal for persons to help indexing the images that the Family History Library in Salt Lake City held, I felt compelled to help. Making the links to these images is so important to family historians. I joined late last year and indexed many records yet not as many as I had hoped.

Earlier this week I received an email message inviting me to be an arbitrator. I was a bit reluctant because I felt that I could make a more significant contribution as an indexer. I decided to try the role of arbitrator. This has been an interesting experience.

The images are not made available via search until any differences between the two indexers of the image are reconciled by an arbitrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment